Wood pellets are a type of biofuel, which is derived entirely from nature or biomass materials such as shavings, sawdust, or from waste wood. In other words, they are produced entirely from forestry waste products.
How is wood pellets produced?
After being collected, from the factory, the forest product processing factory, or the forest enterprise. Sources of raw materials such as sawdust, fine wood or wood that can no longer be reused for crafting purposes, etc. people will bring back and crush into a medium sized material from 8mm , length 23.5. They are then processed through a specialized machine system with a high centrifugal velocity process, combined with the temperature emitted from the friction between the material and the engine so that they are bonded into small wood pellets and hard.
Technical properties of wood pellets.
An exported wood product, usually has the following basic technical standards:
· Diameter: 8.00 mm
· Length: 23.5 mm
· Humidity: 8.50% wt
· Ash content: 1.34% wt
· Total heat: 4200 Cal / kg
· Compression: 647 kg / m3
How is wood pellets used?
· Used in industrial production to provide perfect heat for boiler systems of industrial parks and manufacturing plants, they can be a perfect substitute for traditional energy such as DO Oil or Coal.
· Provide energy for the system of sauna Spa, Hotel Kitchen, the network provides hot water for swimming pools or public amusement parks in winter.
· Supply for thermal power plants
The advantages of Wood pellets.
· Superior advantages in use efficiency
Compressed wood pellets can completely meet the technical requirements such as heat … while the price is much cheaper than traditional materials such as DO Oil, Coal, Electricity or Gas
· Being a clean and environmentally friendly energy source
Wood pellets are produced on modern lines, are processed very carefully, rather than using absolutely no additives in the production process, so they are considered clean energy friendly to the environment.
Moreover, compressed wood pellets do not emit sulfur gas and NyOx should not be harmful to the environment such as coal.
- As a precursor to carbon neutral renewable fuels, it will replace fossil fuels for the world.
- The highest quality biomass fuel. Low ash emissions and “fresh”, clean emissions (with appropriate combustion technology), high calorific value Suitable for automation.
- Has outstanding economic, environmental and technical value.
- Less ash, no slag, reduced waste to the environment and waste disposal costs for the user.
- After using tablets, their ash can also be used as a very effective fertilizer.
1.2 Thị trường hấp dẫn
In addition to the Korean market, there are now many other attractive markets such as Japan, China, Europe, …
Particularly in the European market, the largest market today with consumption of up to 19 million tons of wood pellets in 2013, accounting for about 75% of the worldwide market share of wood pellets worldwide, businesses need to have strategies to continue Appropriate approach, pay attention to technical factors.
In order to export to Europe, wood pellets must meet very strict standards and the wood used must be legal timber (must be plantation timber that can be traced back to the source, ie an FSC certificate).
In addition, the domestic market is currently a very large alternative market. According to Mr. Nguyen Khanh Ha, Chairman of Wood Tablets, it is estimated that Vietnam has at least 20 million household cookers, of which firewood and honeycomb coal account for about 50-60%, equivalent to 12 million cookers. . If replacing wood stoves and toxic honeycomb stoves with wood pellet stoves with the replacement rate of about 20%, the market needs about 2.4 million boilers. With an average consumption of 30kg / stove / month, The demand for wood pellets can be up to 1 million tons, not to mention the use of wood pellets for industrial kitchens.