What is wood tablets ? ( Wood Pellet)
Wood pellets are a compressed biofuel produced from the excess of natural materials such as sawdust, wood chips, rice husks, corn stalks, etc. These materials are through the process of producing materials and Excess agricultural work is collected, put into modern production lines, with the process of pressing high velocity and the impact of temperature and pressure that has been compressed and mounted naturally into finished wood pellets.
With its compact size and high efficiency, especially from natural sources, the tablet is increasingly popular and proves its position in the market of other clean fuel sources.
- Pellet from acacia – Pellet from acacia tree
- Tablets from melaleuca wood
- Wood tablets from sludge pulp mixed with coal dust
- Tablets from coconut humus as animal feed
- Wood pellets from rice husk
- Wood pellets from bagasse
Advantages of wood pellets
Produced by natural materials on modern production lines, wood pellets have many advantages over other fossil fuels:
- Prices are much cheaper than common fuel sources: According to many studies, the use of wood pellets in the long run will help users save a lot of costs, specifically as follows:
- A ton of energy-generating tablets is equivalent to 120 Galons of oil but the price is 42% cheaper than oil.
- One ton of wood pellets produce energy equivalent to 170 gallons of Proban but the cost is only 67%
- One ton of wood pellets produce BTU energy equivalent to 4,755 kWh of electricity but the cost is only 38%
Environmentally friendly: Unlike many other fuel sources, which will generate toxic fumes and dust when used, wood pellets not only utilize agricultural and industrial waste but also have low ash of only 1.17%.
High calorie: The pellet emits quite high heat when burning, on average, a kilogram of wood pellets when burned can produce 4260 kcal and can be high or lower depending on the type of material used for production.
Fewer smoke: Produced by modern lines, wood pellets have a relatively small moisture content (<8%), so when it produces less smoke, it is good for users’ health.
Application of wood pellets
With many outstanding advantages, it is applied in many fields from industry to residential life, some outstanding applications of wood tablets are as follows:
- Used in combustion systems in civilian industries
- Used in systems of heating equipment such as heaters, replacing electric heating, coal
- Used in steaming, drying, sterilizing and sterilizing systems in food and beverage factories.
- Used to generate heat in thermal power plants
- Lined cages, ranches, cows, goats, .
- Used in the heating system for four-season heated swimming pools, hot water networks for amusement parks, restaurants, hotels, schools and rehabilitation areas
- Used for wine pot system, industrial kitchen in restaurants, large hotels, …
Benefits of using wood tablets
With many outstanding advantages in quality and efficiency, the software gives users significant benefits such as:
- Stable sources of raw materials: Unlike fossil fuels such as coal, oil, … will gradually wear out over time, making the price increase. Wood pellets take advantage of renewable materials such as wood mulch, pulp, sawdust, rice husk, etc. to produce, ensuring stable reserves and low cost.
- Longevity of boiler and combustion equipment: The factory is produced through a modern line, ensuring the average emitted heat / kg is always stable, does not cause too much heat difference, contributing to increase the life of boiler and combustion equipment. In particular, during use, wood pellets when burning also generate less smoke to help the life of the stove, boiler increase higher, consumer benefits are also increased significantly.
- Besides, the amount of ash generated from the pellet is also very small, does not affect too much to the boiler and the burning equipment attached.
- Saving cost and transport time: Wood pellets are produced in a modern line, compressed into long pellets and packed into small bags in different volumes, convenient for use and transportation. moved on.
- Do not pollute the environment and affect the health of the users: Prepared from natural raw materials, so when burning will not produce harmful gases that affect the quality of the living environment. The use of wood pellets is contributing to creating a more healthy and natural living environment.
- Simple to use, hygienic, convenient: Compressed into a handy long tablet, you will not need to spend much effort and time to process before burning as coal or oil. To use the tablet, just grab a sufficient amount and light the fire. In particular, wood pellets produce very little ash, so you can completely clean the furnace after use.
- It is possible to make use of the remaining ash to make clean fertilizer: A popular feature of the main ingredient is that the ash residue after burning can be used as a clean fertilizer for extremely agricultural production economical and convenient. This is also one of the most effective bio-fertilizers.
Our quality standards for standard pellets and tablets meet European requirements
Biomass power plants.
Biomass electricity is one of the areas that many countries are interested in investing in recently. As a evaluated country with great biomass power, Vietnam is also trying to develop its strengths and improve the use of biomass electric energy in the country. So what is biomass power? How many biomass power plants are in Vietnam? Let’s go AT find out about this information in the article below:
What is biomass power?
Biomass power or biomass power is generated by using biomass resources (biomass). The biomass material source through the electricity production line will transform into biomass electric currents for human life.
In nature, biomass is used to refer to all types of plants, industrial crops, algae, plants or agricultural and forestry residues such as straw, bagasse, shells, corn fiber, dry leaves, wood chips, scrap paper, goats … or methane from landfills, waste water treatment plants, feces from livestock and poultry farms.
Unlike electricity generated from fossil fuels such as petroleum or other coal, biomass electricity is a renewable form of energy and has large reserves, so it is considered one of the energy sources of the hybrid
Current situation of biomass electricity in the world
In the world today, biomass is the fourth largest source of energy, accounting for 14-15% of the world’s total energy consumption. Currently, the United States is the world’s largest producer of biomass electricity, with more than 350 bioelectric plants, producing 7,500 MW of electricity each year. The material they use comes from the waste of paper mills, wood factories, agricultural by-products, etc. Biomass accounts for 4% of total energy consumed in the US and 45% of renewable energy
Besides the US, Japan, South Korea and China are also one of the countries that produce biomass power for development.
Specifically, since 2003, the Japanese government has issued a strategy for biomass energy and by 2011, 286 biomass towns were put into operation in Japan and gradually replaced dangerous nuclear power plants. dangerous.
In Korea, the government is also actively promoting research and development of biomass power with the goal that by 2030 renewable energy will reach 11% of which biomass energy is 7.12%.
China has issued a Renewable Energy Law with more than 80 power plants produced from biomass with a capacity of up to 50MW / house, the potential of being achieved is 30 GW of electricity.
Biomass power plants in Vietnam
According to statistics, Vietnam is one of the countries with the largest biomass electricity potential today with large amounts of waste from agriculture, garbage, urban wastewater and distribution throughout the country. Every year, in Vietnam, there are 60 million tons of biomass from agricultural waste but only 40% of that is used to meet household needs and electricity production.
Besides, located in the tropical climate, Vietnam is very suitable for agricultural development and plantation, one of the major biomass energy sources today.
Although not yet strongly developed, but now in our country, there are some biomass power projects that have been implemented and put into operation such as
In the North, the project of building Biomass biomass power plant in Rung Xanh area, Phong Chau town, Phu Ninh district, Phu Tho province has been completed and put into operation since 2013 with a capacity of 40MW and output electricity is 331.5 million kWh / year
In the South, Doosan Group (Korea) has invested in building and completing a biomass thermoelectric plant in Minh Hung – South Korea industrial park with a capacity of 19 MW, providing steam 70m3 / hour.
In Can Tho, the rice husk biomass power plant in Tra Noc 2 Industrial Park invested by Dinh Hai thermo-electric joint stock company has also been completed and put into operation with a capacity of 20 tons of steam / hour.
In Phu Yen, the biomass power plant of KCP Industry Co., Ltd. with a capacity of 60MW has also been completed and merged into the national grid since 2017.
And a lot of projects have started to be implemented in many areas across the country.
The above is some information about what is the concept of biomass electricity as well as information about biomass power plants in Vietnam, the potential of producing biomass electricity in the country. Hopefully, through this article, you can get a more detailed view of the domestic biomass power situation